To apply for any of the positions below, see How to Apply at the bottom of this page.
Molecular Basis Of Kidney Injury In Glomerular Diseases
The Sarwal Lab has an opening for an NIH funded post-doctoral fellow to join a fast-paced, highly productive group that specializes in translational research in kidney injury and organ transplantation. The post-doctoral fellow will work on an exciting project to explore the molecular basis of kidney injury in specific glomerular diseases, and will be supported by strong bioinformatics expertise in the lab to learn applications of high dimensional data analysis and drug repositioning.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences
- Specific expertise in cell culture, microscopy and flow cytometry
- Exposure to the conduct of mouse experiments
- Background in immunology and/or statistics preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
Biomarker Discovery Using High Throughput â€œomicsâ€ Methods
Postdoctoral fellowship position available immediately to highly motivated individuals with an interest in the field of biomarker discovery using high throughput sequencing (NGS), gene expression (GE) using microarray and QPCR, MC-MS based proteomics and metabolomics. The fellow will perform experiments related to biomarker discovery projects and data analysis.
- PhD or MD/PHD in either molecular biology, biochemistry, biostatistics, bioinformatics
- Experience in microarray, QPCR, Proteomics, biomarker discovery techniques preferred
Please email the following to Tara.Sigdel@ucsf.edu:
- A letter describing your research experience and summary of career objectives.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or Resume
- Three references including contact information